- Prerequisite: Beginning Iconography Level I
- When: March 8 – June 28, 2022, Tuesdays from 6:00pm to 8:30pm (no classes during Holy Week)
- Price: $420 includes $50 nonrefundable administration fee
- Where: Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 147 NW 19th, Portland, OR 97201
- Class limited to 8 students
- Registration Deadline is February 18, 2022
Beginning Iconography Level II is the next step in acquiring skills for Intermediate instruction. This 14-week course on Tuesday evenings is designed to help students acquire the following skills by writing the bust figure icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Supplication.
Skills acquisition: beginning instruction on fabric folds (inner & outer garment + head covering), how to execute a dynamic 3/4 turned figure and face, how to address masses in a smaller turned face, and execution of hands. As with Beginning Iconography Level I, students will prepare the icon board, transfer the image, draw in the Byzantine style, gild, paint in egg tempera, while learning the theology of the icon.
This icon will have a completely gilded background. Patent gold transfer leaf is sold class for $2.50/sheet; this icon may take ~4 sheets depending upon the student.
Classes fill quickly. Please ask to be added to the waiting list if classes are filled.